Here is my list of 5 things that I think will be helpful to remember and consider when re-purposing existing course materials and learning activities for an online course.
- Preparation – ensure everything on the website is working (links, videos, toggles, etc) before hand so that there are no last minute surprises or breakdowns.
- User friendly layout and navigation of course website and resources for trainees and instructor.
- Create a community and opportunity for interaction amongst the trainees and instructor (profiles, pre-set video conferencing, group project, water cooler, etc).
- Use a diversity of media (video, images, articles, websites, etc).
- Set up weekly interactive review sessions (ooVoo) with trainees and in-store trainers to ensure trainee progress.