ADDIE Design Map
I am adding the ADDIE Design map here as I will want to refer to it when I am designing my course.
“Instructor Presence” ideas from my classmates
Here is a list of ideas of ways to increase instructor that my classmates posted on our discussion forum.
- sharing your interests, photos, stories and travels with students to create a more personalized approach
- Weekly Word – whether in a video, audio, announcements, etc – having a weekly presence to update the class on what is happening this week, recap of previous week, etc.
- being actively involved in discussion forums
- role modeling the behaviour we expect from our students (prompt return of emails, being present when scheduled, etc)
- weekly feedback sessions – having Skype or ooVoo online sessions with participants to provide feedback and check in with students
- using Elluminate or webinar
- providing weekly/monthly tips (tid bits)
- walk the talk – instructors must walk the talk and share your learning process and works
- myths & facts – use a myth & facts format as an icebreaker around course material
Link to action verbs for learning objectives
Great link to a list of action verbs for Bloom’s Taxonomy – these will come in handy:)